PLASTERGLASS CEILING REPAIRS & INSTALLATION[/mp_heading]
Plasterglass Ceilings are made from old style material from 30 years ago but can also be found in modern homes as they last much longer than gyprock ceilings. Proper maintenance of plasterglass ceilings gives a lifespan of up to 50 years with no sagging issues. If the ceiling does however have issues with sagging due to the Perth climate, Northshore Ceilings will inspect your sagging fibreglass ceiling before proceeding with the require repairs which consist of fireglassing the sheets to the the internal beams which is done through the roof and propping up the the damaged rooms ceiling pre fibreglass.
our plasterglass process
We repair fibreglass ceilings as they were repaired and installed all those years ago which is the best and only way to do it properly.
- The ceiling is propped back in place from inside the room of the sagging ceiling and then from inside the roof space.
- Insulation is moved to prepare for the repair.
- The section of ceiling is cleaned where the new fibre glass straps are being laid.
- When the straps are dry, the timber props are removed and you’re ceiling is now safe and secure.
- All major cracks are then patched up and sanded, ready for painting.
BEWARE OF OTHER REPAIRERS DOING AN INCORRECT JOB
We have seen multiple ceiling “specialists” complete the job by re-screwing the plasterglass ceiling which should never be done as the screws will crack through the plasterglass ceiling under the weight of thee construction as screws are designed for gyprock ceilings and not plasterglass ceilings.
Contact Northshore Ceilings to get the job done right.[/mp_text]